A-1 Lock & Safe are locksmiths in Durham, NC. As technology advances, so do home security systems. One of the exciting newer technologies is smart locks. Here are a few interesting tidbits about smart locks:
- There are a variety of smart locks, such as locks that use a code to unlock, or your fingerprint, or even an app on your phone.
- You can replace your traditional locks with smart locks, or you can purchase smart locks that go with your existing locks in your home.
- Before you purchase a smart lock you want to make sure that they lock itself is as secure as the traditional locks you already have. We suggest that you only buy smart locks that are deadbolt locks.
- Many smart locks give you the option to lock and unlock your door remotely. This comes in handy when you need to let someone in when you’re not at home, or when you’re unsure if you locked your door on the way out.
- Your smart lock needs one of these three communication options to work: Bluetooth, wi-fi, and Z-wave.
For all of your lock needs in Durham, NC contact us at A-1 Lock & Safe. For more information on smart locks, visit cnet.com’s article.