A-1 Lock and Safe are locksmiths in Durham, NC and Chapel Hill, NC. We offer car, residential, and commercial locksmith services. We also sell new and used safes. Safes are great for storing a number of things as well as keeping them safe from the elements and from potential burglars.
- Here are some pointers to help you pick the right safe for your needs:
- The most common types of safes are fire-resistant, water-resistant, or theft-resistant. Some safes offer protection against all 3.
- If you want to store important documents like birth certificates and passports, fire-resistant and water-resistant safes are usually your best choice.
- If you are looking to protect valuables such as jewelry and cash from burglars, you are probably looking for a theft-resistant safe.
- Gun safes are also a popular choice to secure your firearms from children, pets, and everyone else.
- If you live in an area prone to flooding, avoid putting your safe in the basement of your home. However, if not, basements are the best place when it comes to keeping documents safe from fire damage.
- The master bedroom is usually the first place thieves look for valuables, so avoid keeping the safe in your master bedroom if you can.
For all of your locksmith and safe needs in Durham and Chapel Hill, NC, contact us at A-1 Lock and Safe. For more tips on safes, visit consumerreports.org.