A-1 Lock & Safe are locksmiths in Durham, NC. As technology advances, so do home security systems. One of the exciting newer technologies is smart locks. Here are a few interesting tidbits about smart locks:
- There are a variety of smart locks, such as locks that use a code to unlock, or your fingerprint, or even an app on your phone.
- You can replace your traditional locks with smart locks, or you can purchase smart locks that go with your existing locks in your home.
- Before you purchase a smart lock you want to make sure that they lock itself is as secure as the traditional locks you already have. We suggest that you only buy smart locks that are deadbolt locks.
- Many smart locks give you the option to lock and unlock your door remotely. This comes in handy when you need to let someone in when you’re not at home, or when you’re unsure if you locked your door on the way out.
- Your smart lock needs one of these three communication options to work: Bluetooth, wi-fi, and Z-wave.
For all of your lock needs in Durham, NC contact us at A-1 Lock & Safe. For more information on smart locks, visit cnet.com’s article.
As the premier locksmiths of Durham, NC, A-1 Lock & Safe caters to all of your commercial, automotive, and residential lock needs. As expert locksmiths, we know that deadbolt locks have many advantages. So, here are a few of the benefits of this type of lock:
- Deadbolt locks are more secure than standard locks, thus making it much harder for potential burglars to break into your home.
- Standard locks work on a spring mechanism, so they can be opened with a crowbar or even a knife. This is nearly impossible, if at all possible, to do with deadbolt locks.
- Because deadbolt locks typically require a key to lock and unlock, it is much more difficult for you to accidentally lock yourself out of your home with a deadbolt lock as opposed to a standard lock.
- There are also keyless deadbolt locks available that allow you to unlock your home with a thumbprint scan or a passcode. Just be sure not to forget your code to get in!
For all of your lock and safe needs in Durham, NC, contact us at A-1 Lock & Safe. For more detailed information on the advantages of deadbolt locks, visit this article.
As locksmiths in Durham, NC, A-1 Lock & Safe is available for all of your auto, commercial, and residential lock needs. Have you ever locked yourself out of your car? Plenty of us have found ourselves in this frustrating and inconvenient situation. If this happens to you, don’t worry. Here is what you should do:
- First of all, don’t panic if you lock yourself out of your car. You might be tempted to break your window, especially if you’re in a hurry to get somewhere, but that isn’t a good idea. Not only does it make mess, but you also risk getting hurt and you’re going to have the additional cost of replacing your window.
- Next, call A-1 Lock & Safe for help. If you locked your phone in your car as well, you can ask to borrow someone else’s phone or you can go to a nearby business and ask to use theirs. Even if this happens outside of our regular business hours, we are on call 24 hours for emergencies, so we’ll be there for you.
- What about if you lock your child or your pet in the car? If they are not in distress and it is not hot outside that day, call immediately for help and wait patiently. Try to stay calm to help keep your child or pet calm as well. If it is a life-threatening situation, call emergency services immediately, and if absolutely necessary, break the window farthest from your child or pet.
If you ever find yourself locked out of your car, give us a call at A-1 Lock & Safe, and we will be there to help.