A-1 Lock and Safe is one of Durham, NC’s premier locksmiths. We help clients with all of their residential, commercial, and automotive locking needs, 24 hours a day. It’s a good idea to have some spare keys handy in case you forget yours or accidentally lock yourself out. Here are a few ideas about where to hide spare keys and who to give spare keys to:
- When it comes to spare car keys, it’s helpful to keep an extra in your house, just in case. But what if you lock your house keys AND care keys in your car? There are multiple spare key hiders for your car available on the market. Some are magnetic and can be placed under your car or even behind your license plate.
- Give a spare car key to your spouse. That way if you are locked out of your car, you can give them a call for help.
- Give a spare house key to a neighbor your trust. This option is safer than hiding a spare key under your welcome mat. Plus, as an added bonus, they can check in on your house when you’re out of town.
- CNET suggests that you nail a spare key to a tree in your yard. Not too many potential burglars would ever think to look in a tree for a key.
For all of your lock needs in Durham, NC, contact us at A-1 Lock and Safe.
As locksmiths in Durham, NC, we at A-1 Lock & Safe want to ensure that you are safe and secure. We specialize in automotive, residential, and commercial locks. According to Simpli Safe, there are 4 times when you should definitely change your locks. Here are a few signs that it is time to give us a call and replace your locks:
- If your locks are old and in disrepair, you definitely want to replace them with new and more reliable locks. If you have difficulty locking and unlocking your door, if your lock is loose, or if your key constantly gets stuck in the lock, it’s time for a new lock.
- If you have recently moved into a new home or apartment, be sure to replace the locks. You don’t know who still has keys to the current lock, so to be safe you want to put in new locks.
- If you lose your keys, you definitely want to get your locks changed to keep yourself safe from break-ins.
- When relationships go sour, whether it’s romantic relationships, friendships, or former roommates, you will want to go ahead and change the locks for your own peace of mind.
If one of these scenarios applies to you and you need new locks, contact us at A-1 Lock & Safe in Durham, NC. For more information on changing your locks, visit Simpli Safe’s article on the topic.
A-1 Lock & Safe are locksmiths in Durham, NC. As technology advances, so do home security systems. One of the exciting newer technologies is smart locks. Here are a few interesting tidbits about smart locks:
- There are a variety of smart locks, such as locks that use a code to unlock, or your fingerprint, or even an app on your phone.
- You can replace your traditional locks with smart locks, or you can purchase smart locks that go with your existing locks in your home.
- Before you purchase a smart lock you want to make sure that they lock itself is as secure as the traditional locks you already have. We suggest that you only buy smart locks that are deadbolt locks.
- Many smart locks give you the option to lock and unlock your door remotely. This comes in handy when you need to let someone in when you’re not at home, or when you’re unsure if you locked your door on the way out.
- Your smart lock needs one of these three communication options to work: Bluetooth, wi-fi, and Z-wave.
For all of your lock needs in Durham, NC contact us at A-1 Lock & Safe. For more information on smart locks, visit cnet.com’s article.
As the premier locksmiths of Durham, NC, A-1 Lock & Safe caters to all of your commercial, automotive, and residential lock needs. As expert locksmiths, we know that deadbolt locks have many advantages. So, here are a few of the benefits of this type of lock:
- Deadbolt locks are more secure than standard locks, thus making it much harder for potential burglars to break into your home.
- Standard locks work on a spring mechanism, so they can be opened with a crowbar or even a knife. This is nearly impossible, if at all possible, to do with deadbolt locks.
- Because deadbolt locks typically require a key to lock and unlock, it is much more difficult for you to accidentally lock yourself out of your home with a deadbolt lock as opposed to a standard lock.
- There are also keyless deadbolt locks available that allow you to unlock your home with a thumbprint scan or a passcode. Just be sure not to forget your code to get in!
For all of your lock and safe needs in Durham, NC, contact us at A-1 Lock & Safe. For more detailed information on the advantages of deadbolt locks, visit this article.
As locksmiths in Durham, NC, A-1 Lock & Safe is available for all of your auto, commercial, and residential lock needs. Have you ever locked yourself out of your car? Plenty of us have found ourselves in this frustrating and inconvenient situation. If this happens to you, don’t worry. Here is what you should do:
- First of all, don’t panic if you lock yourself out of your car. You might be tempted to break your window, especially if you’re in a hurry to get somewhere, but that isn’t a good idea. Not only does it make mess, but you also risk getting hurt and you’re going to have the additional cost of replacing your window.
- Next, call A-1 Lock & Safe for help. If you locked your phone in your car as well, you can ask to borrow someone else’s phone or you can go to a nearby business and ask to use theirs. Even if this happens outside of our regular business hours, we are on call 24 hours for emergencies, so we’ll be there for you.
- What about if you lock your child or your pet in the car? If they are not in distress and it is not hot outside that day, call immediately for help and wait patiently. Try to stay calm to help keep your child or pet calm as well. If it is a life-threatening situation, call emergency services immediately, and if absolutely necessary, break the window farthest from your child or pet.
If you ever find yourself locked out of your car, give us a call at A-1 Lock & Safe, and we will be there to help.